XTurismo’ was seen at the Detroit Auto Show in America. This hoverbike was made by Japanese startup company AERWINS Technology.
According to a Reuters report, the XTURISMO hoverbike can fly for 40 minutes with maximum speeds of up to 62 miles per hour. The bike is already on sale in Japan and is set to be sold in the United States next year. The flying bike that reminded internet users of speeder bikes in Star Wars cost $777,000.
The company's CEO Suhai Komatsu said that the sale of the bike has started in Japan. A smaller version of the Hoverbike will be sold in the US starting in 2023.
Specifications: (old specs)
- Aircraft: Hybrid-electric and all-electric VTOL hover bike
- Passengers: 1 passenger
- Piloting: Manual (with computer assistance)
- Cockpit: Similar to a motorcycle with motorcycle type handle bars and seat
- Maximum speed: 100 km
- Maximum flight time: 40 Min
- Engines: N/A
- Lift propellers: 2 propellers (with 3 blades) with safety grating
- Forward and directional electric fans: 4
- Altitude: 50 centimeters (20 inches)
- Fuselage: Carbon fiber reinforced plastic (CFRP)
- Safety devices/software: Deep learning, 3D rendering, blockchain platforms, simultaneous localization and mapping (SLAM) control, three-dimensional control systems and air route designs, and artificial intelligence (AI) and senors to keep the the aircraft flying safely in the urban airspace