How to Apply for a Two-wheeler Driving License in India?
A driving license is required to drive a two-wheeler in India. However, one cannot get a permanent driving license immediately. Before that, you have to apply for a learner's license. After about a month, you can apply for a permanent driving license. Before getting your permanent license you have to take a test before RTO officials; Once they find you fit enough, your permanent license will be generated.
Type of Driving License
- Learning License
- Permanent License
Type of Two-wheeler Driving License
- MCWG (Motor Cycle With Gear): The applicant should be at least 18 years old.
- MCWOG (Motor Cycle Without Gear): The applicant should be at least 16 years old (must have the consent of the parent if the applicant is less than 18 years old)
- Age: You must be 18 years old.
- You should have a valid learning license.
- For a Permanent license, you should apply after 30 to 180 days from the date of issuance of the learning license.
Steps of Permanent license
- Apply for a Learning license.
- RTO conduct online exam for learning license ( These Services are available in some states only)
- After completing one month of the learning license RTO conducts a driver's test.
- Once you pass the test you get your permanent driving license
Documents required for Two-wheeler Driving License
- Proof of age in the form of birth certificate, PAN Card, passport, 10th class mark sheet, and Transfer certificate from any school for any class with the date of birth printed on it.
- Proof of address in the form of a passport, Aadhaar card, electricity bill issued in your name, Voter ID card, agreement of house ownership, passport, or ration card. In case the house is rented, a rental agreement along with either an electricity bill or gas bill.
- Duly filled application form
- Passport size photographs
- Application fees
- Medical certificate issued by a certified physician (for people aged 40 years or older)
Steps to follow for an online Learner's License:-1. Visit https://sarathi.parivahan.gov.in/
2. Select the concerned state
3. Click on "Online Learners' License Test (STALL)" from the "Learner License" menu
4. Enter "Learners' License Application", "Date of Birth" and Password
5. Click on the Login Button to proceed
Note: These Services are available in some states only.
If you have any doubts, Please let me know.