Motorcycle Colour Change Modification Rules | How To Apply in RTO?
In India Modification restricted by The Motor Vehicle Act. Because motorcycle structural modification and alteration result is unpredictable. and not good for the rider as well as dangerous for other vehicles and people they travel on the road.
If you make want modifications legal than, owners have to get the modified parts approved by the ARAI (Automotive Research Authority of India) and get an endurance registration certificate.
Motorcycle Colour Change is Legal in India?
Yes, It is legal to repaint your bike in India. You can change the colour of the vehicle as to the supreme court order. There are some procedures one need to follow to make it legal.
How To Apply For Colour Change in RTO?
- First, make the colour shade sample to RTO.
- Fill Form (BT) & (BTI).
- In Form BTI [See Rule 57 (I)] and mention your colour and why you change colour.
- Get a letter of approval from the RTO authority for the colour change.
- Go workshop and paint your bike in the same colour for which you get approval from RTO.
- Go RTO office and show your new motorcycle colour and approval letter to RTO officer.
- Pay INR 450 to INR 500 fees.
- Get your RC book-entry with colour changes.
- You get your motorcycle new RC book.
Following Top 6 Modification Get Your Bike Seized By The RTO
After Market Lights, Fog Lights Rules in India
First, the answer is Yes. and the range of colour is clearly mentioned in the automotive regulations. If the source (or bulb) is what the OEM has given you is the only legal bulb. You cannot replace it with any other type of source.
If you have any doubts, Please let me know.