Nepal Expedition A Adventures Motorcycle Journey
- Nepal Expedition Experience
- About Rider
- Top 30+ Places in Nepal
Nepal Expedition Experience
When you’re riding, you’re exposed. Cold valley updrafts caress your mountain chilled skin. Nostril burning cityscapes give way to sweet forests and fields. Curious locals greet you every time you stop to rest. You experience the world without a filter. The resulting memory is vivid, pure, and forever beckoning you to return.
Having motorcycled through parts of the INDIA i.e from the Extreme West Deserts of India to the Portuguese territory of Pondicherry, from Tibetian culture of Spiti Valley till the Southern Tip of India(Kanyakumari) I can honestly say that my first International Ride which was Nepal presented some of the most challenging but most spectacular ridings of my life. Although the roads were rough, the finger-licking local cuisine and the traffic comically dangerous at times, nothing beats riding among the Himalayas, meeting its gracious people, and immersing oneself in the ancient Buddhist traditions born in this land.
Pokhara’s location on the banks of a green lake with the snow-capped peaks of the Himalayas in the background probably accounts for its popularity but nothing will prepare you for how picturesque this town is.
If you think of hopping on a motorcycle and hitting up the slopes of Nepal, keep this simple fact in mind, your bike WILL break down. It’s just a question of when. All you need to do is take it in your stride and get the bike fixed. Nothing to it. Without uncertainty, there wouldn’t be any adventure.
Chitwan National Park is a jewel of a jungle nestled on the border of India. It’s known for its Bengal tigers, rhinoceros, and elephants. Although we didn’t get to see any tigers, we did get to see some rhinoceros, and loads of deer and elephants during a 5 hours safari through the jungle. It was like Disney Land’s Jungle Cruise but for real. It’s no wonder the UN deemed this park a World Heritage Site.
Whether you’re into Buddhism or not, you need to visit the birthplace of Buddha in Lumbini. The actual site where Buddha is born isn’t much more than a collection of ruins and prayer flag-covered trees but it seems to emanate indescribable energy. More than the birth site itself, Lumbini consists of dozens of Buddhist temples. There’s one built by China, Thailand, Myanmar, Vietnam, and even Germany and France. In no other place in the world can you discover so many types of Buddhist temples in one place.
If you’re addicted to lentil soup, you’re going to love Nepal. New York has its pizza and Nepal has Dhal Bhat. It’s a simple and delicately spiced lentil soup that is usually poured over rice for just about every meal. It’s delicious at first but monotonous overtime. Nevertheless, as the locals say…Dhal Bhat power 24 hours!!!!
You’ll see new highs, experience a few lows, learn to strap a bag onto the guard rail with your eyes closed, and at the end of it all, you’ll walk away with some amazing memories.
Rider Name is Yogesh Ovalekar, known as Yogi or Yogya in the Riding Community. Yogesh start touring since 2014 and have almost clocked approx 2.5L+ beautifully throttled kilometers till date.
Yogesh did "Mumbai - Spiti - Mumbai", "Mumbai - Rajasthan - Mumbai", South India Tour, Mumbai - Kolkata - Vishakapatnam - Mumbai, and many more. Also a Long Distance Rider Certificate Holder (LDR - EASY RIDER) covered 843kms in 11hrs 30mins. Yogesh has its own Motorcycle Touring and Training Company named YO! Let's Ride who provide training to new tourers, help them prepare themselves for long tours or even short ones. Stood 2nd in a Trail Rally Competition in Bamnoli. Always love to eat the local cuisine and learn about that particular region's culture, traditions, and the people's art of living.
Have always lived and faced situations following only 3 words Breath, Improvise, React.
Follow On Instagram: @silent_assassin_6121
If you want to get close to nature, you must visit Nepal at least once in your lifetime. And when you do so, some of these best tourist places in Nepal are a must-visit.
- Pashupati Nath Temple – Spirituality And History
- Boudanath – For A Meditative Experience
- Nagarkot – Watch The Sunrise
- Pokhra Valley – Witness The Himalayan Ranges
- Mahendra Gufa – Explore The Limestone Structures
- Lumbini – The Land Of Buddha
- Swayambhu Mandir – Awe-Striking Architecture
- Thamel Area – One Of The Best Localities
- Bhaktapur – For Shopaholics
- Chitwan National Park – Witness The Wildlife
- Davis Falls – An Attraction With History
- Phewa Lake – Scenic Surroundings
- International Mountain Museum – For A Learning Experience
- Khokana And Bungamati Villages – Sights Worth Beholding
- Sagarmatha National Park – Greenery And Wildlife
- Langtang National Park – Adventure Amidst Nature
- Rupa Tal Lake – A Peaceful Experience
- National Museum Of Nepal – Learn Everything About The Country
- Durbar Square – A Heritage Site
- White Monastery – For Spiritual Seekers
- Swayambhunath Stupa – From Stupas To Library
- Kathesimbhu Stupa – Heritage And Spirituality
- Siddha Gufa – Explore The Unknown
- Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve – Nature Lovers’ Paradise
- Hanuman Dhoka Temple – Learn About The Malla Kings
- Patan – The Third-largest City
- Biratnagar – The Metropolitan City
- Janakpur – Birthplace Of Goddess Sita
- Chitlang – For Adventurous Expeditions
- Dharan – Relish Local Food
- Garden Of Dreams – The Neoclassical Marvel
- Taudaha Lake – Spot Vibrant Birds
- Phulchoki – The Land Of Snowfall
- Khawalung Monastery – Mediate And Relax