5 Things You Should Know About Motorcycle Clothing
"Safety first", should be the motto for every motorcycle rider as riding a motorcycle is inherently dangerous. People often shy away from safety gear as they feel it is bulky and restrictive, or does not look cool but what they do not realize is that this safety gear can save them from a lot of pain and suffering. What's more, is that the motorcycle apparel industry has kept abreast of consumer wants. Hence, you can purchase effective gear that not only provides safety but actually looks cool.
Motorcycle clothing equipment by virtue makes riding a more safe and comfortable experience that cannot be achieved without the proper gear. What riders have to understand is that their safety is entirely in their hands as motorcycles do not have safety measures like airbags in cars. This is exactly why it is imperative that every biker equips themselves with essential motorcycle apparel and reduces the risk of injury.
5 Essential Motorcycle Apparel Every Biker should Own
The apparel listed below are the most important gear that every biker should consider wearing in order to reduce the amount of risk involving in motorcycle riding:
- People often underestimate the true potential gloves have for bike riders. Not only do they reduce the risk of damaging one's hands in an accident but actually improve a biker's grip in moist conditions. Similarly, during warm weather gloves protect the hands from sunlight and sunburns.
- One of the most prone areas that can be injured in a bike accident is the rider's feet and ankles. Without proper equipment such as sturdy boots, there is almost nothing a biker can do to save his or her feet. There are many innovative boots out there that are designed to protect the biker's feet in case of an accident. These boots also help in comfortable gear shifting and braking.
- This is one piece of motorcycle clothing that almost every rider owns. Let's face it there's nothing cooler than a leather motorcycle jacket. What they don't know is that this jacket can actually save them from a world of pain in an accident. These jackets are designed to absorb impact and will also protect against sliding on the rough surface of a road i.e. "Road Rash".
- These one-piece suits are not only aerodynamic but are also designed to absorb impact and provide protection when sliding on the road's surface. These suits can be purchased in both leather and Kevlar, with each having there are unique in their own perspective.
- Last but not least, the most important gear that every biker should own is a helmet. A helmet protects the most important part of the human body, and without it, even a minor accident can turn into a life-threatening situation. Also, depending on State Law, every rider is required by the State to wear a helmet while driving a motorcycle for their own safety. If you're planning a long-distance trip, it is good advice to check the helmet laws for the States that you will be riding through.
In the end, the above-mentioned motorcycle clothing and gear will help reduce the risk of motorcycle riding by a huge margin. And as a motorcyclist, you should own them too.